If you've seen one of my latest posts on how to make a margarita cake, then you already know how obsessed I am with this lime curd recipe. Lime curd and puff pastry are the only simple ingredients you need to make this impressive and beautiful little danishes. Brunch ready!
Lime Curd Pinwheel Recipe
1 Package Puff Pastry Dough
1 Cup Lime Curd
Recipe Notes and Tips
If making your own lime curd, make a day ahead so it's cooled and ready to be used.
Feel no shame in freezer section puff pastry! Pastry is pretty difficult to make, so if you want to save some time and buy the grocery stuff - do it! If you're super skilled and have the time & recipe to make your own, all the more power to you!
Preheat oven to 400ºF
1. Slightly thaw puff pastry enough to flatten onto a floured surface. Cut each sheet into 9 squares.
2. Place 1 Tbsp of curd on the center of each square.
3. Using a knife, make a 1 ½ inch cut at each corner of the dough squares, diagonally toward the center of the square.
4. Place every second point of dough, bringing it to the center of the pinwheel.
5. Brush the pastry dough with egg wash and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
6. Bake for 20- 25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Have you made a Tayby & Co. recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @tayby.co I’d love to re-post!