Update 3/19/20: Hi to all of those quarantining at home! I've made some edits to my banana bread recipe with tips and tricks on how to best use what you have at home!
Pecans, Walnuts or dried fruit work great in this recipe! Or keep is simple without any toppings for a classic banana bread.
You can substitute the butter for coconut oil or a vegetable oil.
You can substitute eggs for apple sauce.
If you don't have a loaf pan, any pan can do. Muffin tin, cake pan.
This classic Banana Bread recipe is perfectly soft, moist and bursting with flavor! The key to a tender flavorful bread: wait until your bananas are ripe & covered in brown spots. We always forget about a few bananas at our house until the end of the week & this recipe saves those fellas from the trash every time! I usually only have about 2 left over, that's why this recipe is basically a half loaf. But feel free to double the recipe. Does anyone else refer to bananas as naners? Or is it just me? Happy Baking :)
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Makes 10 Slices
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe:
1 Cup Flour
1/3 Cup Sugar
1/8 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
2 Ripe Bananas
1/4 Cup Melted Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 350ºF
Begin by mixing your dry ingredients in a large bowl (flour, sugars, baking soda, salt and
1. In a medium sized bowl using a fork mash together the bananas, egg, melted butter and vanilla until mostly smooth (a few lumps are normal).
2. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until well combined. No need for a mixer, these ingredients can easily be combined with a large spoon as the butter is melted.
3. Add most of the chocolate chips, leaving a few to the side.
4. Using a well greased loaf pan( 9x5x3 is ideal), add a piece of parchment long enough to pop out the short sides of the pan to ensure easy removal post bake (if making muffins be sure to spray muffin liners or the banana will stick).
5. Pour batter into the baking dish. Top with remaining chocolate chips
6. Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through when pierced with a toothpick & nothing sticks. Increase bake times when multiplying the recipe. Lower bake time if making muffins (20 mins).
We eat this recipe for breakfast, take it on the go for a snack and even have it for dessert once in a while. As always, feel free to add your favorite ingredients. Maybe some walnuts. Swirl in some peanut butter. Dare I suggest replacing the chocolate chips with butterscotch..yum!